WordPress is going to be more and more popular blog platform. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to communicate between WordPress users until now. So I created the plugin Private Messages For WordPress for this purpose. The idea is taken from PM system of forums.
The Private Messages For WordPress allows users of WordPress blog send private messages (PM) to each other. Users will have their own inbox and outbox. Administrators of blog can control total numbers of items in mailbox of each user group (Administrator, Editor, Author, Constributor and Subscriber).
- Download the plugin
- Unzip downloaded file and upload extracted folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Set the number of PM for each user role in the plugin option page (or you can use the default option)
- Set how to choose recipient: from dropdown list or auto suggest from user input
- Now you will see a new menu
Messagesin the left. Just select
Sendfor sending PM or check the
(click to enlarge)
After created this plugin, I received some ideas and suggestions from kind people, who translated or made some useful changes to my plugin. So I want to give big thanks to:
- OP351.net: for internationalization idea and Portuguese translation
- Matthias Kretschmann: for icon design and German translation
- Paperboy: for Swedish translation
- Ivo Hajny: for Czech translation
- Cyril: for French translation
- Hüseyin Cahid Doğan: for Turkish translation
- masya2000: for Russian translation
- Christian: for Danish translation
- Marcis Gasuns: for Belorussian translation
I really appreciate!
Feedback and Suggestion
Welcome any feedback and suggestion to this plugin. You can send me some bugs of the plugin, new feature request, or any problem, occurring when you're using it.
Send them in the comment form below, or email me at Contact page.